APOD Group is hiring charismatic and outgoing team members with Administrative Assistant experience to manage daily schedules, answering phone calls, scheduling appointment, data entry in numerous software programs, creating and managing spreadsheets, CRM programs and coordinating with other companies and clients.
The ideal team member must be articulate, well-dressed, and polite. Please apply if you are looking for a stable, long-term position with great learning and growth potential.
Responsibilities of an Administrative Assistant:
- Must be able to be flexible and accept change frequently.
- Must be able to type 50-65 WPM and have strong computer skills.
- Must be able to schedule appointments and manage daily tasks for management.
- Data entry is a standard function of this job and we are looking for someone with strong skills in this area to enter invoices, and conduct general administrative skills.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Answering telephone calls,
- Scheduling appointments,
- Creating documents in Word,
- Creating Excel spreadsheets,
- Performing mail mergers,
- and filing paperwork.
- Extensive software skills are required, as well as Internet research abilities and strong communication skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities of an Administrative Assistant
- Be able to work in a dynamic team, yet a self-starter.
- Be able to manage, lead and take direction when needed.
- Be goal and deadline oriented.
- Be excellent in time management.
- Have excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to stay focused on tasks until their completion, to be flexible and adjust to new situations or changes in priorities.
- Advanced working knowledge of social media, including social media management software.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Adobe Acrobat, Excel, PowerPoint Etc.), Google Business Applications, and Customer Relation management (CRM) software, preferred.
- Experience in government contracting and/or private security, is a deal closer.
- Experience with payroll and basic accounting is a plus.
Job Type: Part-time and Full-time. Some work from home may be available.
- High school diploma is required.
- BA in business, some college or going to school for Business or law is preferred.
- Experience in with Apple operating system is a plus.
- Administrative Experience: 1-3 years or more
- Have a professional and well-groomed appearance.
- No criminal or arrest history within 10 years.
- Must be drug free and agree to random drug urinalysis and /or blood tests.
- Must be able to legally work in the U.S.
- For veterans, must show DD-214 and have an honorably or under honorable conditions separation category.
- Full benefits package available after 1 year.
- Pay raises based on performance.
- Medical Insurance is available.
- Advancement opportunities.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience $12/hr-$20/hr.
- Pay raises based on performance.
How to Apply:
- Submit a cover letter, 1-2 page resume along with no more than 5 professional references that are not friends or family. No more than 10 years of employment history.
- A typewriting test will be administered at the time of interview.
- Will be required to create a business letter at the time of the interview.
- Will be required to create a simple excel spreadsheet at the time of interview.
- Will be required to create a simple mail merger from excel spreadsheet at the time of interview.
- Will be required to take an aptitude test for answering phones and taking messages at the time of interview.