Contract Specialist - Maryland
We are currently hiring a qualified Contract Specialist to increase our defense contracts with the federal government, Department of State and Department of Defense. Your key role is to find opportunities, develop proposals and submit bids for specific NAICS Codes that we are registered under.
We manage business through strategic planning and open door policies that find and solve problems. To be successful with APOD Group, you must be a resourceful problem solver that has a passion for success and innovation.
We carefully select our team members for their ability to get the job done, on time and efficiently. We are a motivated group and we are seeking motivated team members.
Please only apply if you are looking for a stable long-term position with learning and growth potential. Must be able to be flexible and accept change frequently.
Responsibilities of a Contract Specialist:
- Must be able to type 50-65 WPM and have strong computer skills.
- Data entry and research is a standard function of this job.
- Able to format proposals, add picture files and tables.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Daily search for contract opportunities on various government procurement sites,
- Submitting proposals, and
- Creating documents in MS Word,
- Creating spreadsheets, and
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities of a Contract Specialist
- Be able to work in a dynamic team, yet a self-starter.
- Be able to manage, lead and take direction when needed.
- Be goal and deadline-oriented.
- Be excellent in time management.
- Have excellent verbal, writing and proofreading skills.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to stay focused on tasks until their completion, to be flexible and adjust to new situations or changes in priorities.
- Specialized knowledge of federal procurement laws and codes, contract writing, and design.
- Proficient experience InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft Office (Word, Adobe Acrobat, Excel, PowerPoint Etc.) and Customer Relation Management (CRM) software, preferred.
- Experience in defense contracting is a required writing is required.
Job Type: Part time and Full-time. Some work from home may be available.
Minimum Requirements :
- High school diploma is required.
- BA in business, some college or going to school is preferred.
- Experience in Apple IMac is a plus.
- Contracting Officer/ Defense Contract writing experience: 3 years or more
- A background in marketing and sales is a plus.
- Have a professional and well-groomed appearance.
- No criminal or arrest history within 10 years.
- Must be drug free and agree to random drug urinalysis and/or blood tests.
- Must be able to legally work in the U.S. by passing I-9 verification and background check.
- For veterans, must show DD-214 and have an honorably or under honorable conditions separation category.
- Full benefits package available after 1 year.
- Medical Insurance is available.
- Company Partner and Advancement opportunities.
- Commission for awarded contracts are available.
- Salary will be commensurate with $25/hr-$35/hr.
- Pay raises based on performance.
How to Apply:
Submit a cover letter, 1-2 page resume along with no more than 5 professional references that are not friends or family, where your contract writing ability resulted in awards for the company you were hired with.
- No more than 10 years of employment history, is preferred.
- Provide a combination of 5 contract numbers or GSA schedules that you were responsible for the award. Only top page is required for contracts and schedule number for GSA. Please do not submit entire proposal or restricted proprietary materials. Only submit what is public information.
- A word per minute typewriting test will be administered at the time of interview.
- Will be required to create a simple Excel spreadsheet at the time of interview.